Yes, I do Sleep in Stilettos

The title of my blog came from an actual event in my life. Do not get me wrong, I do not slip on a pair of gorgeous Kenneth Cole's and crash for 7 hours in dreamland. In fact, I've only dreamt in heels once....that I know of. Before I indulge with the background of the title, I need to let you know something important about me. I love shoes. Not tolerate them, or occasionally like them. I love them. Heels especially. When I go to a new city, I like to buy a pair of shoes unique to that city as possible. For example, I own a pair of gold croc styled heels from Vega. Some people buy shot glasses (my boyfriend, for his sister), some buy magnets ( my mother), and I buy shoes. Now that you have the background, let me try to indulge you. A group of dancers, from my college and I, went to Wichita KS for a dance conference. During the week, I was to busy to go shopping for a pair of shoes. Keep in mind, if I had gone, I honestly don't know what I would have purchased that would be unique to that city. Nothing really comes to mind about Kansas except corn. Well, my fellow dancers knew of my desire to buy a pair of shoes, and took it upon themselves to find some for me. I had no idea about this. One evening, the girls came into my hotel room and let me know they found a great boutique and something especially for me. I was naturally excited. They pulled out of the bag, a pair of hot pink, metal heeled stiletto, pointy toed 5 in heels. Pinker than barbie pink. I do refer to them as my whore heels. The metal pencil thin heels alone can back up my name for them. What does one wear with such shoes, and more importantly, where does a fashionably conscience gal wear them. All the girls talked me into wearing them for the gala performance Saturday. I wore them with long skinny jeans, and a white top. I received a lot of comments, but no compliments as I recall. I haven't worn them since. But the girls meant well, and I do now have a pair of heels from Kansas. Yes, they are still in my closet. And wondering when the next time will come for me to wear them with confidence in public. I'm going to NYC in January. Maybe then?

Comments

  1. you do know dear that cause of you i have a love of shoes too

    ReplyDelete
  2. As her mother, I can assure you that if she were to wear heels in bed, she would be buying the next set of sheets. I don't think the cat would like getting kicked by them, either. Other than that, I think she gets it from me. I don't have as many pair anymore - family needs won out - but I still like to look and try on. I've just learned that you can look and appreciate, but don't have to buy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts