the Perfect Pencil Skirt

I spent a few hours today shopping for the perfect black pencil skirt. My boyfriend loyally came along. More out of wanting the time together then the actual shopping experience. My all time favorite pencil skirt was purchased at Banana Republic for $125. I definitely got my money's worth out of it. But I've lost a few sizes and it no longer fits. And the quality of fabric and sewing is so nice it can't be altered. Hence the shopping trip. First stop today was Banana Republic again, naturally. Couldn't justify buying another skirt for that same price because of a budget I gave myself this time. (silly budgets) From there we went through every store in the mall that might have a black pencil skirt including Express, Macy's, Black&White, and Charlotte Russe. Fell in love instantly with a skirt at Black&White. Hit just below the knee, cute button detail at the center of the waist band in back, and pink lining under the slit so as you walked people would get a peek of it. I mean loved it!! Over the price range a bit so had to move on. Sigh. Found a skirt I liked a lot, but not loved at Express. In cream and unique detailing around the thighs that gave the illusion of pockets. Still a little more than wanted to spend though. So I moved on. After a few more stores and nothing fitting quite right....you know...waist fits great but the skirt seems to have ample space in the hip area for hips you don't have? Or skirts so tight you can't possible sit down, eat, or breath for that matter. Happened a lot especially at Charlotte Russe. Those skirts would only be great for working as a personal assistant to a music manager in LA who used skin to sell the product. Not me. Finally wandered into New York & Company. Used to be a frequent shopper there many years ago cause of the wide range of sizes available for upscale classy clothing. Found a few black pencil skirts instantly. Also came across many items on the clearance 60% off rack!! (which always seems to be up) this time nothing in my size though. Go figure. The skirt fit fine. And at a great price of $33. Sadly not the material or fit of Banana Republic. It doesn't need to even be dry cleaned. Glad I held out though to save some money. I'll keep my eyes open for a few more pencil skirts on sale as the fall fashions come in. Still missing that BR skirt.....

Comments

Popular Posts