An Influx of Pleasant Surprises

Today I traveled to Tucson, AZ to visit my longtime boyfriend. We have been dating long enough to have created a routine we are already comfortable with. Nothing like older couples who have been together for over 20 years. But a routine to where things are more predictable than not. We know when we are going to call each other. Our conversations cover a lot of the same items. And we know a ton about each other so those questions you ask when you first start dating to find out more about the other person, don't get asked at all really anymore. Well a week ago my boyfriend added a surprising twist to our relationship. Because it's a long distance relationship it's hard to add mystery if you will. Well he started something we are now calling a "phone date". When we have this "phone date" we don't talk about the usual items. We mix it up. For example one "phone date" he had us both think of our favorite memory of each other. Another time we played some silly games over the phone. I like these "phone dates". They are unexpected and add an intimate level to our relationship. Today he surprised me again. He showed up with gorgeous yellow roses at the airport when I flew in. It really was like in a movie. A few guys cheered us on when we kissed hello. My boyfriend is always creative and considerate. I am so blessed to have him in my life. I'm in AZ for 9 days visiting him. Who knows what surprises he'll come up with next while I'm here?

Comments

Popular Posts