Nail Polish Cabinet

I have a cabinet full of nail polish.
I am constantly on the hunt for the perfect color.
And like most fashion related genres in my life, the things that catch my eye change.
For a long time I was very focused on redish-browns and chocolates.
But the thing that has always gotten to me is the consistency of the polish.

I know, you ask me "really Audra? The consistency?"
It's true, for those who paint their nails you might have experienced what I do all the time.
It's either to runny or to thick. And when you remove it, it tends to leave traces.

All this changed for me one day when I was reading a magazine.
In the photoshoot spread of the magazine I saw one of the models wearing this gorgeous grey shade.
I fell in love instantly. The brand of the nail polish was OPI, and I wanted to try it right away.

I researched and found a local salon that carried the brand, and purchased the color:



You Don't Know Jaques.


Not only did this become  my favorite color to wear,
but also the consistency was perfect.
It went on smoothly in two coats, and when it was removed it was like I never wore it.
It also lasted for over a week before even chipping.
I wore it constantly for a month.
And I have stalked up on it.
(I own 5 bottles of it now)

Discovering this brand,
I wanted to start looking for more shades.

I came across this next shade that is what I wear when I am in a funky mood:




Parlez-Vous

And this final color I came across on my half last month.
(Yes, I celebrate my half birthday. But that's beside the point)
This color is such a deep purple it's almost black.
Especially with two coats:




Siberian Nights

And I did also find that perfect shade of red
that is neither hoorish or to sweet.
I could not recall the title and so I could not show the shade.
But I do think it tasteful enough that I wore it on my toes for my engagement photos.

Slowly but surely OPI nail polish is starting to take over my cabinet.
And this I am perfectly okay with.

Comments

Popular Posts