Dresses only in the summer? I think not!

I was on a mad hunt for the perfect dress to wear for my engagement photos the week before Thanksgiving.
Knowing that Holidays provide many opportunities to dress up and attend parties,
I didn't think I would have trouble finding a dress.

Well, I didn't have any trouble finding a dress, except that the usual places I would
expect to find one astonishingly didn't offer them.
I even went to Kohl's and the following conversation took place.
(which still astounds me)

Me: Exscuse me, do you not have a dress section here?

Sales Associate: No, dresses are not in season right now.

Me: Um, actually they are. Dresses are what people wear to holiday
partys this time of year.

Sales Associate: Actually dresses are in season during the summer.
I think there are still some on the clearance rack though.



The thought that came instantly to mind is that this lady probably doesn't
get much opportunities to get out and attend holiday parties.
Which is one of the reasons why the holidays are fun to begin with.

Needless to say I did find my dress at Ross's, for over 1/2 off the original price.
And it's perfect enough that I can wear it to a holiday party, or a black tie event any time of the year.

I also attented my church holilday party last weekend.
I am always a fan of dressing up whenever the occasion permits.
This party being one of them.




One of my favorite accessories is to wear a scarf wrapped around my head, completely covering my hair.
Sounds odd I know, but I always get the greatest compliments and I feel so sheek when I do wear them.

This party was no exception. I chose to wear the scarf first, then compiled my outfit from there.
The scarf I wore is purple with bits of shiny silver making it more festive and dressy.

I also paired a solid black top with a classic pencil skirt. Black opaque tights.
 My grey stiletto heels from Macy's in NYC. To top it off I wore a three strand necklace of different metals.

The holidays are the perfect time to find that dress that is alittle bit dressier than the others in your closet.
Don't hesitate to purchase it and know the option is there.
Then, make sure you create opportunities to wear it as well!!

Happy dressing this holiday season!!


Comments

Popular Posts