Can you name that cosmetic?

I read that the average woman owns close to 300 cosmetic items in her bathroom. That includes shampoo/conditioner, face wash, make up, foundation, moisturizers, lotions, body oils, nail polish, hair products, face masks, ect. And that the average man can not even name 100 of those items. Most woman own two or more of most of these items listed. Face wash excluded....maybe. I did an inventory of my cosmetics a few months ago after reading this and realized I had been hoarding items that were almost gone. You know that last little bit that you think you will squeeze out and finish, when really you already went ahead and bought a replacement for that cosmetic, and just tossed it in a drawer. I had a few of these types of drawers. Not only cosmetics, but also hair brushes, curling irons, a blow dyer, hair accessories like head bands and clips, ect. I did a thorough cleansing and emptied out multiple drawers and gave away the products I had never used or didn't like any more, to friends. Same idea as passing on no more loved clothing. I divided my products into what I really use regularly and the items I would buy but not use more than once or twice. My biggest fault of purchase was body scrubs and lotions. I really don't need two or three different body scrub options sitting on my shower shelve. Nor do I need ten different bottles of lotion, when really all I want is just one very moisturizing brand that is unscented so it doesn't mix unpleasantly with my perfume. After this "cleansing" I have spent a lot less on cosmetics, committed to one face care line, and keep my make-up purchasing to one brand. My skin is a lot happier with me for it. As for the perfect lotion? I just bought a new brand and might still be looking on the market for something even better.

Comments

Popular Posts