San Francisco Adventures Part 2- First Days in the City

As stated in my previous blog Part 1,
I got to spend 4 days in San Francisco
visiting my best friend, Alysa.

San Fran is a new city for me
and I loved every second of it.

Here are recounts of my first two days in the city.

The first afternoon I got there
Alysa and I gabbed and gabbed because we
hadn't seen each other since May.

When our stomachs let us know it was time to go out
and scrounge for food,
we immediately decided sushi and fro yo (frozen yogurt)
were the way to go.

We ended up in Japan town and Alysa took me
to a place where the sushi passes by you
on boats, and you pick up the ones you'd like to eat.

Top: Alysa and Myself

After that we continued to get a view of the city
as we rode the public transportation back to her cute apartment.

I love the architecture of this city and all the colors!


The next day Alysa had to go to work
where she is interning for the summer.
So I got to fend for myself.

But luck would have it, that a friend of mine, 
David Schleiffers,
4 years ago but haven't seen in 3 years,
happened to currently live in San Fran.

I got ahold of him,
and we planned to spend the day together.
First off, we started by taking Adv Ballet

This class was a breath of fresh air,
after teaching all summer at ballet intensives.
It is so nice to be able to refocus on
my own body and rejuvenate myself.

As an educator, I learned a lot from Sandra's class
and how she positively communicated with the dancers.
A win/win for me both as a dancer and teacher.

After class we headed out into the city
and took a stroll up to David's cute apartment.
Had Thai for lunch at a local restaurant near by, 
and continued on our journey.

Bottom Right: Myself, David Maurice and Weston Krukow

David introduced me to many different parts of the city
and I loved seeing all sides of San Fran!
We even did some expensive window shopping in Hayes Valley,
 where we luckily came across a sample sale store
and I bought a new floral scarf I can't stop wearing!

After our memorable day together
(unfortunately we didn't get any photos together)
I headed back to Alysa's place and crashed.
I was exhausted from the dance class
and all the walking.

After Alysa and I woke up from our beauty rest,
we heading back to Mission to see
a dance friend from the University of Arizona,
David Maurice perform with the
Ate9 daNCEcOMPANY perform
"Sally meets Stu".

(read my review of the performance here)

We also got to meet up with a friend of mine
Weston Krukow also from the University of Arizona,
who came to see the dance performance.

After the amazing performance was complete,
Alysa and I happened across this perfect
hill/street to take photos on.

It was fairly busy, so as cars would come
we would have to dart out of the road
and wait til all was clear again to
reenter the make-shift photo shoot we were doing.

Very memorable indeed. 


At the end of this long and fun-filled day,
we decided to end it by watching a movie.

I introduced Alysa to the original Sabrina
with Audrey Hepburn.

We didn't get all the way through it that night
because of exhaustion...zzzz

So read on with my next blog to see what other
adventures I was up to in San Fran!!

Comments

Popular Posts