New York! New York! (and The Pulse)

Back in July, I took the opportunity
to attend The Pulse Teacher Workshop
in NYC! 

It was a 3 day affair full of classes,
performances and more dancing.

I got to stay with my dear friend since childhood,
Christopher Klaich.
You may have read about him on my blog
here, here, here....well you get the idea.
We got along very well, and go way back.

He lives in a cute apartment on the Upper West side,
so I got to do the local thing and ride the Metro
to midtown to the conference everyday.

This was my second time in NYC
and I was even more excited to be there this time around.

The advantage of it being a Teacher Workshop
is that I got to chose which classes to take,
and if I wanted to dance in them or observe.
I danced my toosh off for most of it,
and rested my tired feet occasionally here and there.

Some of the classes I benefited from:
Music Theatre taught by Al Blackstone
Contemporary Ballet from both Desmond Richardson and Kelby Brown
Jazz taught by Laurieann Gibson
Contemporary by Tyce Diorio
Hip Hop by Dave Scott
Whacking by Princess Lockeroo
Music Editing by Jack Rayner
and many many others.

I didn't stay indoors all weekend.
I'll show you my adventures in NYC through the photos below.



(Second night in NYC, watched Newsies on Broadway!)



(Walked the street fair on Broadway on Saturday)



(The Sheraton Hotel where the conference took place)



(Godiva chocolate indulgence with Christopher)



(Christopher himself taking advantage of my camera in Central Park)



(Impromptu photo shoot in Central Park Sunday)



(Dance ads in the Subway)



(Monday morning with Christopher and Mary from college)

Comments

Popular Posts