Christopher Klaich Spotlight-Part 2 Q&A

This is part 2 of getting to know the widely talented
Christopher Klaich.

He and I are collaborating on many music/dance projects.
His compositions are inspiring and very dancable.

Below is the Q&A conducted with him
so you can learn more about the wonder Christopher.


Q&A

1. How did you get into music as a child?
I just remember always singing around the house...I enjoyed listening to classical music on the radio...seeing musicals and such, always drawn to performances and all that...we had a piano in the house growing up...I think it's fate really!

2. I know you are very versatile in your many talents. (We even performed in a ballet together on pointe...) What are you focusing on currently in your career?
Surviving?? HA HA! Well, honestly right now I am trying to flex my composing muscle...I feel it comes naturally to me and I enjoy it and now have found myself with the time to devote to working on projects I have always wanted to tackle! I love performing and still do...I'm just trying to lean a bit more toward the composition side!

3. What is the #1 most played song on your ipod? 
OH NO!! I had to re-install i-tunes about a month ago, so it's all refreshed!! I don't know what it was... but right now it is "Sleep My Child" from the opera/musical Paradise Lost by Eric Whittacre...bliss!!

4. What are your inspirations for your compositions? Both vocal and/or dance compositions?
I have a very active imagination! I always have music playing in my head...pre-existing or my mind making things up! I tend to make melodies up all the time...I often like to use the text as my inspiration when composing for the voice...but I also ponder about what mood I am trying to create and then sit at the piano and just see what comes out...sometimes inspiration just flows...and I love it!

5. What sound do you love?
There are a lot of sounds that I love...can we be more specific?? lol
5.a A sound that you hear regularly or have heard that you love? Like the sound of rain etc.
OH gotcha! ...I love hearing children laugh, that is heaven on earth to my ears. I also love natural sounds like rain, breezes, babbling brooks, ocean waves, singing birds...as a small child I loved hearing small planes fly overhead...(I now feel transported to another place and time...)

6. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
Leonard Bernstein.

7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
hmmm I would learn how to create peace, and then get busy with it!

8. Do you prefer performing vocally or playing the piano more?
Which came first, the chicken or the egg??...I'm equally happy with both!

9. What is your dream job?
Professional musician... and guess what?!?! I AM!! I am so lucky!

10. Who is someone that has helped you get where you are today professionally?
My high school choir teacher...she taught me so much and always challenged, inspired, and motivated me to do more. I learned so much from her and am so very grateful!

11. You currently live in NYC. What is your favorite thing about the Big Apple?
 I love the availability of anything!! You want it? You can find it! I love that it is such a cornucopia of the world!

12. If you were to create an album, would it be of you singing, playing the piano, or your compositions?
I would be accompanying myself singing my own songs... someday I hope to have many albums with any combination of the three!  

13. What's your favorite breakfast item?
OJ! I can't have a morning unless it has orange juice in it!

14. What talent do you have that few people know about?
Hmm....I guess a lot of people don't know that I love to sew and design clothes and quilts etc... Like right now I am making/designing a wedding dress for a lady in California... WHO KNEW!! I am told that I always surprise people with what I can do... in college my friends used to say, " How DOES he do it??!?"

15. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Same place I see myself now...in a mirror...kidding aside, I hope to continue to have great experiences and opportunities, continuing on the path to greatness...step by step...


Thanks Christopher!!
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts