Finger Curls....say what?

I was in a dance performance this previous weekend
and one of the dances I was in was a 1920's piece.

I was required to put my hair in finger curls or something similar to it.
Not knowing exactly what they were or how to create them
I did some research.

Here is a picture of a classic finger curl style back in the 20's
also known as the flapper era.


Also taking into consideration the quick changes of costumes
and hairstyles I had to do for the performance
I recognized that I could not go all out with this style.

I did what any respectable person would do
and looked up videos on youtube.com

I found one especially helpful
that taught me how to give the illusion of a full head of finger curls
when really I just created them in the front.

I am not going to post the link here because it was
very basic and specific to my needs.

I do know that I love how I looked in this style
and hope to find a reason to bring it back sooner than later.



Comments

Popular Posts