No Valentine's Day Surprise For Me...?

So this is my husband and my 3rd Valentine's together
since we've been dating,
but first as a married couple.

We are still just as broke as we were two years ago.
We set a cash limit on what we would do for each other.

I, being my glorious, surprise ruining self
did not disappoint again this year.

Here's the story...

I purchased an app on my iPhone last week
that allows you to make funny notes for valentines cards.
It was attached to a floral website.
I was under the impression that I did not have to purchase
any flowers to use this app.

A few days later, I receive a call from an unknown number.
They state that they are from a certain website that sells flowers
and wants to confirm my order I had placed.

I thinking I had accidentally misunderstood the use of the app
informed them the order was a mistake and asked them to cancel it.
They did so.

On the way to church that day with my husband L,
I inform him of the earlier phone call.

He gets surprisingly frustrated and tells me
that was an order he had placed for Valentine's Day.
He had given them my number in case they needed to call for directions
because the location of our home is hard to find.

He did not think that they would call a week before to confirm.

So I have now ruined a thoughtful gift from my hubby
but he said it's okay because now he is being challenged to come  up
up with something even better.

I on the other hand,
can't wait to give him his surprise!

He will never even know what's coming!

(sssshhh I'll tell you what it is on monday,
in case L's reading this trying to figure it out)

Comments

Popular Posts