Imagine A Jump and Hummingbirds

One of the perks of teaching at a 
residential high school is that
every month I have a 3 or 4 day extended weekend.

I took advantage of the extended weekend
in September to head to Baton Rouge
to make some dance connections in Louisiana.

The hotel I stayed at in Baton Rouge

I was put in touch with Kris Cangelosi,
Director and Owner of Cangelosi Dance Project.
She is also the dance director at St. Joseph's Academy.

Kris invited me to come teach some dance classes
at St. Joseph's Academy friday morning.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the dedicated
students there, and to see their beautiful facilities.

Friday evening I got to meet the dancers of CDP
and start choreographing on them.
I really enjoyed the inspiration they gave me
as we built the dance I set on them.
The title of the dance is
"le colibri" or "the hummingbird".

The beautiful dancers at CDP! (sorry it is blurry)

During my time there, 
I was able to also visit one of my former dancers
and enjoyed dinner with him.

Dinner with E. saturday night. 

Sunday I got to round out the weekend 
with performing in a great dance concert
"3 minutes or less"
hosted by Kris and CDP.

I was honored to perform a solo in it 
choreographed by J. Lillian Gray, 
titled "Imagine A Jump". 

Right after performing the solo "Imagine a Jump"
choreographed by J. Lillian Gray.


At the performance I also got to network and
meet many dance artists from the Baton Rouge area.

It was a jam packed weekend,
but so artistically fulfilling that left me recharged
and ready to move forward with my students. 

Comments

Popular Posts