Valentine's Day in a Nut Shell.....er Box of Chocolates

Valentine's Day morning I said "Happy Valentine's Day" to three people,
and two out of the three had some kind of negative relationship experience the day before.
Talk about bad timing.
I felt horrible because they obviously didn't want the reminder of what day it was,
and what exactly it is intended for.
After those few instances I didn't really say that phrase for the rest of day,
except to my few family members I would actually be sharing it with.

This day really is a love/hate kind of day.
Those with a significant other thoroughly enjoy it and have something to look forward to.
Those without the previous mentioned tend to call it "single awareness day".
I myself got to celebrate it with the intention it was set for...

My Fiance and I had a plane ticket that was going to expire soon,
so we put it to good use and he flew up to visit me for the weekend.
Not the whole weekend, but for Sunday and Monday only.
As in, he got into the city Sunday at 11am, and flew out Monday at noon.
I got to see my Fiance for 24 hours, and it was wonderful.

Here is a list of the things we got to do in that 24 hour period:
- Cuddle
- and my gifts and built my legos he gave me for Valentine's
- Watch episodes of "House" (I gave him seasons 1-4 for Valentine's)
- He and my Father made dinner for my Mother and I
- the Tonettes came and serenaded us during dinner
- did some wedding planning
- decorated the heart shaped cake
- went with my parents to the dance studio and danced with the city lights as our background
- more episodes of "House"
- slept cause it was a busy and fun filled day
- made breakfast together on Monday
-watched "Love Happens" (another gift he gave me)
-took him to the airport

In text it doesn't sound like much,
but he and I felt like we had just spent a whole week together, not just mere hours.
And the plus side was when we realized we would be seeing each other in only 3 weeks,
for spring break.

I never again have a reason to call the 14th, "single awareness day".
I have my best friend to play with on this day forever.

Comments

Popular Posts