The Allen Family #summerroadtrip of 2014!

Being the Director of Dance at a high school
affords me the opportunity to take the summer off.

Considering the town I live in is small,
and there are not many things to do during the summer
I decided to go on a road trip with R (my son).

The opportunity arose to attend/teach at
the Colorado Mesa University Summer Dance Intensive.
This helped one thing lead to another,
and pretty soon a 5 week long road trip was planned.

L of course could not take off so much time,
so he he only joined us for the last week 
to attend my family reunion, and our friends wedding.

Here are some stats and pictures of the summer adventure!


33 Days of Travel

4,500 Miles Driven

6 Different States
(TX, AZ, CO, UT, CA, NM)

6 Different Cities
(Tucson, Phoenix, Grand Junction, 
Salt Lake City, Denver, San Diego)

Day 1 of the adventure. R was not excited for it.


12 Different Sleeping Changes
(Hotel, Sister's, Hotel, Parents, Aunt's,
Uncle's, Parents, Cabin, Friend's, Hotel,
Friend's, Hotel) 

4 Hotels
(TX, AZ, CA, TX)

8 Different Passengers
(L, R, Sister, Nieces & Nephews)


One of many outfits chosen by Grandpa, who watched him
while I attended/taught at the dance intensive.
This is one of my favorite pictures of R!


Visited Many Dear Friends/Family

2 DQ Trips With My Oldest Brother

2 Children's Museums

1 Drive-in Movie Theatre


Grandpa and R dressed up all spiffy for the day.
R is missing a sock, as usual.


3 Dance Performances Attended
(Beyond Boundaries, CMU Dance Intensive,
David Taylor's Zikr Dance Ensemble)

1 Dance Performance
(Zikr Dance Ensemble)


R and I attending the GJ Farmers Market with Grandpa


 1 Farmers Market

1 Camping Trip

1 Trampoline Gym


R and I at the beach in San Diego. His first time!


1 Trip to the Ocean

1 Wedding Attended

1 Family Reunion

L, R and I documenting the last night of this epic adventure.


So many friends were visited, 
family members reconnected with
and new friends made.

Although L was apart from us for almost 4 weeks,
I have no regrets going on this trip
and the memories made!

Thank you to all who helped make it memorable,
and here's to another 4 weeks of summer adventures
before school starts in the fall!


Comments

Popular Posts