Ballet Intensive

I had the fortunate opportunity 
to teach at the Ballet Rincon Ballet Intensive
for two weeks in June.

There are 10 levels at this intensive,
and I taught the level 6's every morning
for 2 1/2 hours.

The schedule was that they had 1 1/2 hr ballet class,
15 minute break/lesson then a 45 min rehearsal.

The 15 min break/lesson included topics such as:
-stage make 
-putting your hair in a bun
- nutrition and physiology
-terminology (which they were quizzed on)
-dance history (they each selected someone off
of the supplied list then gave a brief presentation)

At the end of the two weeks there was
an informal presentation of the dances
or variations they learned during the rehearsals.

I chose to challenge the level 6's
and teach them a variation AND 
an original choreography.

For the dance, I used the song "Expression"
which is composed and performed by Helen Jane Long.

The video below is the song. 
If you have a moment, listen and enjoy
her calming yet strong musical qualities.



The variation I selected
is from the full long classical ballet, Paquita.
The variation is #3, and although
it is originally set for a solo, 
I restaged it for 10 female dancers.

The video below is the version I based
the variation off of.

It's only 1 minute, so enjoy.




Coming soon:
A follow up to my trip to NYC
for the Pulse On Tour:Teach Conference!

Comments

Popular Posts