Long Over Due Pt 1- Bill T. Jones

Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company

This is a NYC based dance company
that I first learned about in my first year
at my under-grad program.

I have been following them ever since.
When I found out they would be performing
here in Tucson, AZ, I was beyond excited.

The added bonus was that Bill T. Jones
himself was coming to be a part of the performance.

This is a man I look up to and admire
for his dedication to the arts, his
humanistic approach to dance and
how he applies it to people in their everyday lives.
It was inspiring and an honor to see him in person.

The performance the company gave was
"Story/Time".

It consisted of 1 minute long stories that Bill read
while he was on stage. 
His dancers performed around him.



The element that still stands out in my mind
is how phenomenal the technical experience was.

The sound, lighting, etc was truly moving
and I had never experienced anything like it.
Many people afterwards made similar comments.

They held a Q&A after which I enjoyed observing.

Moments like these will continue to shape and mold me
as a dancer, instructor and choreographer.
And to simply be in the presence of one of "the Greats"
is always a life changing moment.

Click here to learn more about Bill T. Jones
and his dance company.
They don't have their own website, but are housed
through the New York Live Arts.

~Keep Dancing- Dancer in Stilettos~

Comments

Popular Posts